Join Our Team
Student employees must be a HonCC student who wants to give 4-10 hours a week of commitment to better the college experience for the entire student body. Must have a pleasant personality and good communication skills. Must relate well with others, even in stressful situations. MUST be reliable about showing up for work regularly and promptly, and calling in advance if unable to do so. Some computer/office experience preferred. Must have a willingness to learn new skills.
Student Work Eligibility
- Enrollment in your Primary Campus for the current semester with 6 credits (https://sece.its.hawaii.edu/sece/help/std/std_jobprogram_help.html).
- Cumulative GPA requirement is minimum 2.0 for undergraduates, unclassified, or community college students, or 3.0 for classified graduate students.
Volunteers are accepted if student has an affiliation with Honolulu Community College.
- Student Office Assistant
- Student Office Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Operator
- Website Operator
- Event Planner
- Magazine Editor
- Video Editor
- Digital Sign Staff
Directions to Apply
- Go to SECE and complete the referral (Search by Job Number: 10850-A1 or Under Keywords type: SLD)
- Email referral number, resume, class schedule, and work availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out Student Leader Application Form
- Once paperwork has been received, you will receive an email to schedule an interview with the SLD Director.
Testimonials from Past Employees
“I liked working for Student Life and Development because, the schedule was flexible with my class schedule.”
“Student Life and Development, helped me gain better work skills.”
“The best part about working for Student Life and Development was learning new skills that helped me towards getting a job.”
Last Review: 1/2021