- Tenure/Non-Tenure: T/N
- Full Time/Part Time: F/P
- Elected/Appointed: A
- Two (2) faculty teaching distance learning courses
- One (1) representative from DL production
- One (1) representative from EMC
- One (1) representative from the IT unit of the college
- One (1) representative from Student Services
- The Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO)
- The Assessment Specialist
- The Dean of University College
- The Director of Management, Information & Research (MIR)
- The Disability Specialist
- The Distance Learning Coordinator
- The Web Support Specialist (upon hire)
- Additional members may be assigned as needed from year to year
- Ensure that the Distance Education curriculum is adequately supported to promote high quality instruction that will equal or surpass traditional classroom delivery.
- Provide a mechanism for maintaining a coordinated effort of the various campus units affecting the delivery of distance learning offerings including instruction, assessment, student services, technology support, and faculty development training.
- In conjunction with the Technology Advisory Board, search and solicit information from multiple sources on new technology, software, and teaching methods that may improve the delivery of DE courses.
- Determine if personnel support is adequate in number and qualification.
- Coordinate with Faculty Development and ITC to determine the necessary training for DE instructors and support personnel.
- Ensure that DE is assessed annually using approved assessment methods. Determine if quality of DE courses are equal to classroom delivered courses.
- If inquiry and assessment determine that new equipment, software, or personnel are required, the requirements will be placed into the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Keep DE instructors advised of all major findings. For new courses advise instructors on requirements for CPC DE Review Board approval as outlined in the Curriculum Reference Manual (Appendix VI)
The Distance Learning Advisory Committee meets once a month or more often if necessary. Members may be required to perform research and provide written reports.